Project: DEATH WATCH BLASTER - THE MANDALORIAN
3D Printed, FDM, CR-10 V2
FILES WILL BE RELEASED AUGUST 2021
Design credits: Skylu 3D
We wil guide you step by step in the process of building this blaster.
You can find the KIT in the regular shop.
If you have any questions feel free to send us a message on Facebook or Patreon or by mail.
Here are some images I found on the internet after finding out what the base weapon was for this blaster.
It is the Def Tech 1315 gas gun for riot control.
In the above collection of screenshots you can see how Skylu and I went back and forth to come to the final design. When he did his magic I tuned some extra parts to make it electronics compatible.
With setting up the files in Simplify 3D I made sure everything had plenty of support, enough wall thickness and infill. Variable of the part its wall, top and bottom 5x5x5 with 145%
Smaller parts are 2x2x2 with 100% infill.
Also I made sure to group some parts together so they can have the same settings and to match some weight. I aimed for using a new 1kg spool for each set of G-code to end up close to that
If you are going to print parts in resin make sure you use a strong ABS like resin or even with some flex resin added in a 1/3 ratio. Some parts will encounter a good amount of stress when you try to thread them or drill. The risk is there that parts might snap or splinter.
FDM 3D Slicer used: SIMPLIFY 3D
Resin 3D slicer used: Photon Worksop V2
In the photos above you can see the process from combining the main sections of the blaster to make assembling and prepping the blaster for the paint job easier. Because this is a very forward
build and with areas with easy acces for sanding in all corners and edges I went for assembling the sections first instead of doing each part separately. Of course youre free to do as you
After the section assembly we gave everything a UV cured resin coat. Sanded it with 150 - 240 . Cleaned it and added a primer layer to see the areas of interest for an extra sand job.
After a second layer of primer we added two layers of mat black of any particular brand.
With the two layers of mat black the wet sanding with 600 was in order before adding the final mat black layers. In the last picture you can see the final result just before the weathering.
I apologize I kinda lost a couple of paint prep and finish pictures, so this is all I got atm.